Third printing changes
The following minor typo fixes were made in the book's
third printing, in early June 2001. For other changes
made in the second printing (April 2001), click here.
1) Page 1040, first line in last interaction listing on the
page: should read as follows (that is, change the upside-down
apostrophe to a backslash):
holmes> @= ..\bases\zoo.kb
2) Page 1041, second sentence of first indented paragraph:
change "awg," to "awk,".
3) Page 1021, sentence at very top of page, insert a missing
"to" word; should say this:
"..., it's a fun way to explore..."
4) Page 1081, first sentence of second paragraph on this
page: change "are" to "is"; should read like this:
"..., and each operator is applied by calling eval."
5) Page 612, second indented paragraph at very end of page:
add this new sentence to the end of this paragraph (if it
fits; related to smtp example updates in second printing):
"To be robust, add a blank line between the header lines
and the body in the message's text."
6) Page 468, second to last sentence in the second paragraph
on this page: change "exiting" to "existing"; should read:
". By adding undo as an external subclass, existing PyEdit code..."
7) Page 468, first sentence under header "PyEdit Source Code":
change the first part of this sentence (up to the dashes) to this
(else the rest of the sentence doesn't make sense):
"The program in Examples 9-14 and 9-15 consists of just two
8) Page 364, the last sentence just before Example 8-3:
change back-reference from 8-2 to 8-1; should say:
"Example 8-3 creates the same menu as Example 8-1,..."
9) Page 623, interaction listing at bottom of page, two bogus
output lines somehow got pasted into the listing redundantly;
delete the second occurrence of the following two lines (i.e.,
the 2nd and 3rd lines from the bottom of this page):
"There are 5 mail messages in 7150 bytes"
"Retrieving: 1 2 3 4 5"